Wacouta Town Board Meeting
January 14, 2013
Jan 14 Meeting Notes (Word doc.)
Jan 14, 2013 Meeting
Present: Sue Betcher, Mickey Payne and Barbara Charlson
Sue called the Jan 14, 2013 meeting to order at 7:02 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to approve the Agenda with the addition of Falk Summons response. The motion carried.
There were no Declarations of Conflicts.
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to approve the Dec 10 and 29, 2012 minutes. The motion carried.
March 12, 2013 Election and Annual Meeting
- Sue Betcher will run unopposed for the open Supervisor position. It is a three-year term that runs March 2013 through March 2016.
- 2012 Annual Meeting handouts mailed to Wacouta residents was reviewed and will be revised for the 2013 mailing.
- Overall cost of maintaining roads is high priority; next priority is what to do to maintain the life of the roads.
Planning and Zoning
- Wolner variance meeting was held on Dec 20, 1012 at the Wolner residence (27850 Greens Point Road) at 5:45 PM; Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to approve the building variance as approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission. The motion carried.
- Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to pay bills and payroll on Jan 14, 2013 in the amount of $4,270.32 as presented. The motion carried.
- Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to accept Jan 14, 2013 Treasurer?s Report. The motion carried.
Board of Audit
- Merchant?s Bank account year-end numbers match the Treasurer?s Report.
- Random bills were selected (e.g., Fred Plaas, Flueger Construction, Waste Management and River Valley Lawn Care) were reviewed and matched the Treasurer?s books.
- Sue and Mickey as Board of Audit members approved the 2012 Treasurer?s books.
- Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to send a response for Falk?s summons request similar to Clinton McLagan requesting an extension of time to respond. Sue will sign the letter as Board Chairman. The motion carried.
- Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to accept Barbara?s rescinded resignation until a replacement can be found. The motion carried.
Motion was made by Sue and seconded by Mickey to adjourn the Jan 14 meeting at 7:35 PM. The motion carried.
Wacouta Township Clerk/Treasurer
Feb 11 Mon Town Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
March 4 Mon Town Board Meeting at 7:00 PM
March 12 Tues Town Board Election at 5:00 ? 8:00 PM
March 12 Tues 2013 Annual Meeting at 8:15 PM
Skype available on Feb 11, March 4 & March 12 at:
25120 Goldcrest Dr. #321, Bonita Springs FL
485 Adelaide St, Brisbane Qld Australia
Noteworthy Web Sites
- Wacouta Township: http://www.wacoutatownship.org
- Jerry Barth Water Level Site: (Suggestion to select <at Lake City> & <Stage/Forecast Graph> ) http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/glance.php?wfo=mpx&gage=stpm5&riverid=203833&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6
- Goodhue County: http://www.co.goodhue.mn.us
- Minnesota Association of Townships: http://www.mntownships.org