Zoning and Permitting

Wacouta is governed by two permitting authorities, Wacouta Township and Goodhue County.  Your first stop in applying for a permit is to call our Zoning Administrator, Fred Plaas, at 651.380.3407.  Fred will reach out to you to discuss your project and will decide if you need a permit from Wacouta Township.  You can read Wacouta’s Zoning and Ordnance document at this web page https://mn-goodhuecounty.civicplus.com/513/Wacouta.

Your next step is to contact Goodhue County  https://mn-goodhuecounty.civicplus.com/324/Permit-Applications  to apply for a building permit to gain their approval for your project.

Good luck with your project!